Mason jars are not simply for Grandmas in addition to their homegrown pickles anymore! There are a lot special and versatile uses for this traditional kitchen solution. Observe my personal sector on imaginative ways to use Mason containers….and especially when Marlon Wayans (best understand for aˆ?White girlsaˆ? and aˆ?Scary Movieaˆ?) have a scare of his personal when he met with the enjoyment of sampling all of our common, south delicacy: icy, raw Blueberry Pancakes in a Jar. Hey, it was merely a prop, I wasn’t planning on you to actually devour it!
1. rotate your blender into a quick fix! I enjoy the idea of the Magic Bullet and it’s really ability to develop individualized smoothies centered on personal tastes dating sites for people with herpes. But my 14-year-old blender is still lively and throwing, therefore I really do not should (nor wish) buy one even more kitchen appliance to occupy valuable space for storing.
Are you aware that a typical mason container can be used in place of the pitcher on most blenders? Yes, it certainly can! Numerous removable blade assemblies attach appropriate onto a small-mouth Mason jar. I love to store a couple of aˆ?smoothie setsaˆ? (for example. a mixture of proteins powder, Super Seed, P2P, flax seed, etc.) in containers in my pantry, subsequently toss in my personal favorite frozen fruits for an instant, single-serve smoothie. And since i will take in it right through the container, you can find significantly less meals to cleanse. That is a WIN-WIN in my situation!
Photo Credit Score Rating
2. Blueberry Pancakes in a Jar. On an active weekday day who wants to getting trapped flipping pancakes over a hot griddle? Maybe not myself! That is why I ENJOY this amazing time-saver of having ready-to-cook individual Blueberry Pancakes in a Jar. Their kiddos can only seize a jar, put it in microwave and breakfast are offered…all while you’re gradually running up out of bed.
Materials a cupful flour (i personally use whole-wheat pastry flour) 1 TB cooking dust 2 TB glucose (or Stevia) 2 TB melted butter 3/4 cup milk products Blueberries (new or frozen)
Blend flour, cooking dust, and glucose in a little dish, and whisk until combined. Carefully stir in melted margarine and dairy until matched. Never over mix.
Shop in a single day in fridge. Whenever prepared consume, only grab one, eliminate the cover, and make when you look at the microwave (1 minute for small containers, or 90 seconds for bigger containers). Top with warm syrup.And the best part: You can eat these straight out with the container. That is COURSE with a capital aˆ?K,aˆ? ya’ll!
3. Make-ahead Salad in a Jar. These are awesome to organize a few days ahead, shop from inside the refrigerator and seize when you’re went outside or just want a simple food in the home. The key is to layer the heavy and wet materials FIRST, therefore the different products stays crisp and new. Here’s a typical example of how exactly to coating the green salad:
1) BASE aˆ“ dressing/liquid 2) Heavy what hold-up well whenever submerged in dressing aˆ“ beans, cucumbers, radishes, onion 3) hefty items which may very well not want straight pressing the dressing when put 4) Leafy greens/light things that take up a lot of space aˆ“ oatmeal, kale, chard, arugula 5) A small amount of big feature products aˆ“ peanuts, seed products, dried-fruit, croutons, feature herbs 6) TOP aˆ“ colorful materials to improve the preferences whenever you pop available the container aˆ“ good fresh fruit, delicious blossoms, natural herbs
4. Do-it-yourself Powdery Sugar Shaker. I enjoy sprinkle somewhat powdered sugar on french toast or brownies, but undoubtedly there’s a big mess that comes after each time I take out that crumpled case. To avoid that, I put many glasses in a Mason container, grab a lid, hammer and lightweight tack nail. Make several holes and…voila…you’ve have yourself a mess-free option to see all those things white, powdery goodness!
5. Foam dairy without a frother. Don’t possess a fancy-schmancy espresso machine with attached whole milk steamer? Don’t worry about it. Just complete a small container with some milk products (only halfway) and move till the dairy features doubled in dimensions. Pop off the cover and microwave the whole milk for about half a minute.
6. Handmade Foods Present Containers. Well, duh, this 1’s pretty self-explanatory, but i really couldn’t leave it completely. We’ve probably all gotten or considering a aˆ?Cookie Mix in a Jar.aˆ? In 2010 we offered ChexA® Muddy BuddiesA® Christmas time gifts Jars. Look at the tutorial here.
7. shop volume foodstuff whenever I get back from Sprouts, it’s my job to has several big, synthetic bags packed with lentils, quino and raw almonds. To keep affairs neat and tidy in kitchen pantry, i take advantage of my handy-dandy KitchenAid professional channel to easily fill the containers and shop my personal bulk products in the shops. In my opinion my border-line OCD husband values the effort, as well.
8. frost Leftover Soups and Stews in Jars. I am aware a lot of us are trying to improve turn from synthetic to glass about edibles space because current research reports have linked chemicals like BPA, phthalates, and PFCs to health issues in individuals. Whenever feasible, I like to use jars for things we plan to store for long intervals. I’ll complete a jar with leftover soup, screw on cover, label they utilizing a sharpie, and put they during the fridge. Be sure to only fill up to 2/3 high in fluid to allow for growth otherwise the container may split.